Savate also known as boxe française, or French Kickboxing is a French martial art which uses the hands and feet as weapons combining elements of western boxing with graceful kicking techniques.
Only foot kicks are allowed unlike some systems such as Muay Thai which allow the use of the knees or shins. Savate is a French word for “old shoe”.
Savate is one of the few styles of kickboxing in which the fighters habitually wear shoes. A male practitioner of savate is called a tireur while a female is called a tireuse.
IS Savate FOR ME?
- Do you want to learn an elegant light contact fighting style?
- Do you want to improve your fitness and loose weight?
- Do you want to want to feel confident in your ability to defend yourself?
- Do you want to be have the opportunity to compete?
- Do you want a Martial Art with a structured grading system?
About Savage Kickboxing
Savate, like most Martial Arts did not start out as a sport, but was a form of self-defense used on the streets of Paris and Marseille. This style of Savate was known as “Savate de Rue” and would use the entire body as a weapon. This system of Savate is very devastating and uses the principles of linear movement, penetrating power, piercing strikes, and fast almost blinding speed. This system has no boundaries.
What to do next?
If you’d like more information about our classes and how we can help you achieve your goals then click the box below to contact our instructor.Get Started